Paleo Beef Pad Thai
When my goodie box arrived from my February Paleo Pen Pal Lissa, it contained THREE yummies I’d never had before! How fun!
I ate the Sea Snax immediately. They were insanely good.
And decided while I was eating them to use the coconut aminos and kelp noodles to make pad thai. Now, I’d never made regular pad thai before – much less a paleo version. So, I went on the hunter for a good recipe that I could adapt to use the kelp noodles. And I found Sunshine Sauce. It is, in my opinion, the perfect paleo “peanut” sauce, using another new thing for me, sunbutter. This stuff is so good I could just eat it by the spoonful. I made it exactly as stated – did I mention this recipe is perfect.
One note: Make sure to squeeze out the kelp noodles after you’ve drained and rinsed them. If you don’t, they can make the pad thai a little watery. I fluffed mine up a good bit, but didn’t squeeze them enough. Here is what they look like – and raw, they are crunchy.
Paleo Pad Thai
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound grassfed beef
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bag kelp noodles
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Sunshine Sauce
- Mix together marinade ingredients. Add beef and marinate 2-24 hours.
- Make Sunshine Sauce
- Drain and rinse kelp noodles. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a wok or other large non-stick pan. Scramble two eggs with two tsp of coconut aminos. Pour into melted oil. Cook about 3 minutes on each side on medium heat. (I used a plate to flip mine, sliding the egg out of the pan and onto the plate and then flip it back in the pan on the other side.) Slide the egg out of the pan and cut into cubes.
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in the wok or other large non-stick pan again. Sautee onions and start to brown. Slice beef into thin strips and add to onions. Cook until nearly done and then add shredded carrots, kelp noodles, and Sunshine sauce. Use tongs to incorporate noodles with other ingredients. Simmer 5 minutes to let flavors blend.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.